Friday, March 4, 2011

I dislike it greatly when...

I really loathe it when movies ruin books for me. Case in point: I love Meg Cabot's YA novel "Avalon High." LOVE it, so so sooooo much. I sent a copy to my 15 year old stepdaughter, and she loves it, too. So naturally we were very excited when we saw that Disney was making it into a movie. I finally got my hands on a copy of it tonight, and sat down and watched it with my 8 year old.

I hate you, Disney script writers.

You took what was one of my absolute favorite books of all time and completely ruined it. The story was excellent the way it was - why go and completely change it? I'm all for empowering girls - I am a Girl Scout leader, and a mom of 4 girls of my own, so I understand that girls can have low self-esteem, feel inferior to boys, etc etc - I GET IT. I so do. You wanna empower girls? Awesome. Go for it. I'm behind you 100%. But not when it comes to screwing with something I love.

Stupid Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment