Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to the New Blog!

Welcome to my new blog! I have a couple of different gmail accounts, and it was a pain in the butt that every time I wanted to update my other blog, I had to log out and log back in under my old username. So here we are... part deux!

Today was a productive day, even though I've felt flu-ish all day. Achey and gross, ugh. I made 7 batches of homemade lotion (tangerine scented, ohsoyummy). Then I made 2 different kinds of sugar scrubs, which my girls used as soon as I made them (seriously, they made up excuses to get into the shower immediately after I made them). I also made some copycat Wendy's chili in the crockpot so I don't have to keep getting up, since standing makes me feel woozy right now.

Unfortunately, my feeling woozy and achey and general ooginess caused me to have to call church and tell them that I couldn't volunteer tonight (I volunteer every Saturday night to do check-in for the childcare). That sucks, because that's one of the highlights of my week.

...and now that the girls are enjoying the homemade lotion and scrubs, they are in there plotting evilly about what mom's next batch should smell like. They have also informed me, in no uncertain terms, that I am going to make homemade deodorant and homemade chapstick.

Now it's off to watch the Steelers/Ravens in their dogfight, and pray that the Steelers win - otherwise my husband is going to be impossible to live with for the next several weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment