Monday, January 17, 2011

Holiday

So today the kids were home from school on holiday. Normally we would do something ohsoawesome and totally educational to celebrate and learn why the nation deemed it a holiday... but today we have just been slugs. Seriously. I got off of my butt long enough to start the crockpot to re-heat the chili I made the other day, and make some fresh noodles for the non-chili eaters in the house for lunch... and we made 2 more jars of lotion... and I finally got to talk to my stepdaughter today... but otherwise - slugs.

Sometimes it's nice to have a day off and actually take the day off.

Yesterday I read 3 books in one day, so today I have a massive headache (I don't have insurance, have had the same pair of prescription glasses since 2002, and I can't wear them because the lenses are scratched... therefore reading gives me massive headaches). You'll notice my latest book on the 52 books list (previous post) says it was finished today and not yesterday, but that's a technicality. I finished at two minutes past midnight, so I had to count it for today.

But now I am also out of books to read. I have some on hold at the library - but it's also closed, due to the holiday. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, which promises to be a busy day - and not the fun kind of busy, either.

My oldest daughter is about to switch ADD medicine, and she's super nervous about it. Nothing I say or do really seems to comfort her or allay her fears... so she has retreated into the world of House of Anubis, and I'm not going to disturb her from it. The longer she doesn't have to worry about it, the better. Sigh.

Got two whole tops of baby doll quilts pieced together. Need to get off of my lazy slug butt and go finish blocking the last two quilt tops, so I can have my sister show me how to finish them off on Wednesday when she comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment