Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween

So Halloween is upon us... two days until the big day! I'm interested in knowing how you celebrate it (if you do). Parties? Trick-or-treating? Costumes?

My kiddos went trick-or-treating at the local zoo. A good time was had by all, though it was a little warm for my tastes. I mean, come on! We're at the end of October - the weather should be cool enough for bonfires, not warm enough for swimming! But all the girls got to wear their costumes without the added bulk of a coat, which made for some happy campers. (And I got clear photos of their costumes, which makes me a happy momma.)

My birthday has also passed at this point, and it was a pretty good one. I got to go camping with my dear friend the weekend before it, and even though two of the four kiddos were sick the day of, I still got to spend time with them! Then yesterday, we went to a local farm and picked pumpkins. I got apple cider, pumpkin bread, and apple butter... and now I get to spend the next few days consuming it all! (The cider's almost gone already!) Tonight I will get to watch all the girls carve their pumpkins, too.

I look forward to reading what you guys do to celebrate Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment